Alexander Design Studio is seeking to hire an Architect with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience within cultural, mixed use residential and/ or education projects. Our studio creates award winning architecture that reflects the vision, mission and individual identity of our clients.
Ideal candidates will have a passion for great design, a desire to work on a variety of project types at multiple scales and ability to work well within a team environment. Must be able to successfully lead one or more projects through all phases of design – concept through construction administration.
- Min 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Professional Architectural Degree and Professional License or working towards licensure.
- Understanding of construction documents, including technical specifications and document coordination. Able to lead a project team through all technical and production aspects of creating a drawing set from pre-design through project completion. Strong attention to detail and good organization skills.
- Strong knowledge of building codes and regulations. Ability to work well within a collaborative team environment and possess a mentoring mentality.
- Excellent organization and advanced written + verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated creative problem solver with a curiosity for continued learning and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Able to proactively identify, communicate and help to resolve project related challenges.
- Proficient in standard industry software including Revit, Newforma, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams, etc.
- LEED credentials are a plus.
- Licensed or working on licensure.
We provide competitive benefits and mentoring opportunities for employee growth and development. Salary is commensurate with experience and skills.
Alexander Design is an equal opportunity employer, offering employment to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation/ gender status, Veteran’s status and disability. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and encourage women and diverse applicants to apply. Must provide proof of Covid 19 vaccination.
To apply please submit a resume, work samples + 3 references as a single PDF file. Please be conscious of file a size. Materials can be sent to Alexander Design Studio, Attn: Katherine LePage, email@example.com