Alexander Design Studio is seeking to hire an Architect with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience within cultural, mixed use residential and/ or education projects. Our studio creates award winning architecture that reflects the vision, mission and individual identity of our clients.
Ideal candidates will have a passion for great design, a desire to work on a variety of project types at multiple scales and ability to work well within a team environment. Must be able to successfully lead one or more projects through all phases of design – concept through construction administration.
- Min 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Professional Architectural Degree and Professional License or working towards licensure.
- Understanding of construction documents, including technical specifications and document coordination. Able to lead a project team through all technical and production aspects of creating a drawing set from pre-design through project completion. Strong attention to detail and good organization skills.
- Strong knowledge of building codes and regulations. Ability to work well within a collaborative team environment and possess a mentoring mentality.
- Excellent organization and advanced written + verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated creative problem solver with a curiosity for continued learning and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Able to proactively identify, communicate and help to resolve project related challenges.
- Proficient in standard industry software including Revit, Newforma, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams, etc.
- LEED credentials are a plus.
We provide competitive benefits and mentoring opportunities for employee growth and development. Salary is commensurate with experience and skills.
This is a hybrid or fully remote working position for the immediate future. In person visits to projects are required (assume at least two per month).
To apply please submit a resume, work samples +3 references as a single PDF file. Please be conscious of file a size (max 10MB). Materials can be sent to Alexander Design Studio, Attn: Katherine LePage, firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexander Design is an equal opportunity employer, offering employment to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation/ gender status, Veteran’s status and disability. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and encourage women and diverse applicants to apply. Must provide proof of Covid 19 vaccination.